Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hi everyone!

I have not been home in a week! I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again, but it's all for great reasons. I call this "vacation" my educational road trip. I have fast track weekend this past weekend at Pitt. It was great to finally meet my classmates in person, and putting voices to the names I have been reading responses on Bb from. I definitely took the time while I was there to see sight of Pittsburgh. I visited the Andy Warhol Museum, ate a sandwich at Primanti's, and went to the Duquesne Incline. My 2 friends from college came up with me so I didn't drive alone, and went sigh seeing during the day while I was in class. I was glad I got to spend time with them as well :-). Once I get photos uploaded to my computer, I can put a few up here, or put a link to my photo blog where they may end up.

Then I had to leave super early Sunday from Pitt back to MD to drop off my friends, drive home to Falls Church, change suitcases, took a 20 minute nap, then hopped back in the car to drive to Charlottesville, VA, where I am now. I am here for the week attending Rare Book School at the University of Virginia. I opted to staying in an air conditioned dorm room, and I must say it's a little weird. Brings back memories from undergrad, but the dorms at UVA are old... and I mean old. My room has a fireplace which I find awesome, the windows are the old windows you see in colonial houses, and the front door to the building is decaying and reads "Peters 1879-1904" well it's still standing past 1904 unless this was rebuilt at some point. Charlottesville is beautiful and charming. I am going a little crazy though for eating at the same places (because it's super cheap and I need to save money).

I'll write in another post about the class I am taking and the experience after friday. I need to get some sleep since my brain is totally fried from so much information!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment